Sunday, August 5, 2012

And So It Begins...

A life is a truly thought-provoking subject. I will resist the urge to list the endless supply of clichés used to describe a life (like a box of chocolates, full of surprises, etc.), but if you really pause and ponder the complexities of one's life, it's a bit overwhelming! We do our best to simplify it - one is born, lives for a while, and dies - but by simplifying a life, we do a great injustice to ourselves. If we limit living to the space in between being born and dying, we are ignorant of a greatness, a destiny.

I believe with all my heart that every life, simply by existing, affects other lives. Whether one is an unborn child, a CEO, a criminal, a blue collar worker, a refuge, a homeless person, a cloistered nun, or a student like myself, his life is valuable and powerful. Through this blogging experience, I would like to uncover the mysteries, the surprises, the struggles, and much more of life by documenting my own experiences. I hope that, while my own life is rather uneventful, it may inspire poignant posts that bring joy, humor, and encouragement to those who choose to read my blog.

Just as Professor Tolkien described so eloquently (see above picture), I have decided to begin an adventure but am lacking a companion. Would you care to join me, dear reader?

2 comments:

  1. Miss Veronica, I love your blog already! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here...w/both coffee and curls...and I await the second step of your journey...I'm inspired already. Sigh of contentment..!

    ReplyDelete